Gulf Coast Wrongful Death Attorneys
Seeking Justice on Behalf of Your Loved One
Losing a loved one can be one of the most difficult things anyone can experience in life. What can make the grieving process even more exhausting and traumatic is if you suspect your loved one was killed as a result of someone else’s negligence. If your family member died in an accident caused by carelessness, whether by an individual or entity, your family may be entitled to seek compensation for your damages. You might be facing a mounting debt as a result of having to pay for your loved one’s medical expenses before they died, as well as funeral costs. At Davis & Davis, PLLC, we’re committed to seeking justice on behalf of families and their deceased family members who have been wronged. Our Gulf Coast wrongful death attorneys are known in our community for being aggressive in our pursuit of fairness and truth. You can rely on us during this difficult time to achieve the results you want while you focus on grieving and healing.
Contact our team online or call us at (228) 231-9717 if your family is struggling. We offer personalized services for our clients and take their well-being into consideration in all that we do as a law firm.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Wrongful death lawsuits are typically filed by families to help them cope financially after the death of a loved one. While causes of wrongful death are extensive, there are several common categories that our team has worked with over the past few decades.
Common causes of wrongful death include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: These include accidents involving cars, trucks, buses, and bicycles. Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death in the U.S. and almost always are caused by human error. Car accidents can be caused by drunk driving, reckless driving, and distracted driving. Buses and trucks are more likely to cause more serious injuries and fatalities due to their weight and size, and motorcyclists are more likely to suffer from catastrophic injuries because of their lack of outward protection.
- Medical malpractice: Physicians, nurses, and other medical staff are human and thus are prone to make errors, including misdiagnosis, surgical injuries, prescription errors, and more that may cost patients their lives. Families may be able to prove that a medical professional failed to provide their loved one with the required level of care, resulting in their death.
- Product liability: Individuals can die as a result of a faulty or defective product. Entities that may be held liable after a product malfunctions or fails to warn of possible injuries or death include designers, sellers, distributors, and manufacturers, depending on the source of the issue.
- Work-related accidents: Any death that occurs in the workplace or while on the job and that can be proven as a result of company negligence can be a wrongful death lawsuit. Common work-related accidents that can cause deaths include fires or explosions, defective equipment, illness from unsafe environments, and improper training.
What Can Families Recover?
Our attorneys understand that during this challenging time, your family needs financial stability more than ever. You may have accrued serious debts as a result of having to provide medical treatment for your loved one, among other expenses that you can’t afford to pay.
We’re here to tell you that recovery is possible. Our team applies a tenacious aggressiveness to our cases so we can secure the compensation our clients need to move on with their lives.
We can help you recover the following damages:
- Medical bills, including hospital stays, prescription medications, surgeries, ambulance rides, and more
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of earning capacity and income
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological damages
Typically the spouses of victims file wrongful death claims, though in many states, anyone who can prove they were financially dependent on the deceased, such as children, may be able to file a claim. To learn about your options and provide for your family’s future, give us a call.