Biloxi Personal Injury Attorneys
Dedicated to Defending the Injured
When you’ve been injured due to negligence and want to seek compensation, you want to make sure the lawyer you hire is aggressive and ready to fight for you. Our Gulf Coast personal injury lawyers have decades of demonstrated success in achieving optimal results for our injured clients. With a reputation among our peers of being resilient and hardworking,
Davis & Davis, PLLC doesn’t rest until we achieve the justice our clients deserve. We understand how difficult this time may be for clients, especially if you’ve had to pay for out of pocket expenses including medical treatment and property damage, which is why our consultations are free and we don’t get paid until you do. We can come to you if you’re bed-ridden at home or in the hospital.
(228) 231-9717 or contact us online for a
free consultation if you’ve been injured in an accident. Our lawyers work tirelessly
to build our clients’ cases and establish liability so we can achieve
Damages You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Case
There are three main types of damages an injury victim can pursue in a personal injury case: economic, non-economic and punitive damages. Economic damages seek to compensate the injured party for any financial losses they suffered as a direct result of an injury. Among other things these losses can include medical expenses or missed days at work due to the inability to work. Non-economic damages, on the other hand, compensates the injured party for non-financial suffering. These damages compensate for more abstract losses such as pain and suffering, or mental anguish.
Both economic and non-economic damages are known as compensatory damages since they seek to compensate the injured party for a loss. The only type of damages that seek to do anything other than compensate the injury victim is punitive damages, purpose of which is to punish the negligent party, as such they are not often awarded.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help You?
You need someone on your side after an accident, unfortunately even your own insurance company does not have your best interest at heart. Davis & Davis, PLLC, on the other hand, is dedicated to defending the injured. Not only can our firm investigate your accident to build the strongest case possible we will advocate on your behalf for the justice and maximum compensation you deserve. Additionally, our personal injury attorneys in Biloxi can help save you time as we can compile all relevant information and communicate directly with insurance adjusters and any other necessary parties. To learn more, don’t hesitate to contact our firm today.
Our Comprehensive PI Services
Our attorneys have more than 55 years of combined experience, meaning we have dealt with almost every kind of personal injury case you can think of. We’ve built solid relationships with our clients and have been at their sides throughout their cases, and we won’t leave until they have what they need to begin a new chapter.
Our practice areas in personal injury include:
- Car accidents: One of the leading causes of injuries in the U.S., motor vehicle accidents involving cars, trucks, buses, and motorcycles can produce serious injuries and death. Most car accidents are caused by human error including drunk driving, distracted driving, and reckless driving, and can easily be prevented. Among the typical damages we can recover in a personal injury claim, we can also help you cover the costs of any damage done to your car.
- Wrongful death: After the loss of a loved one, families may be struggling financially after having to pay funerial or burial costs and losing income. Immediate family members of the deceased can file a wrongful death lawsuit after their loved one has been killed by another’s negligence. Common types of wrongful death cases include car accidents, medical malpractice, and product liability.
- Workers’ comp: Individuals who have been injured on the job due to employer negligence deserve to be compensated through workers’ comp benefits. Typically, employers and their insurance companies will try to avoid having to pay benefits – our attorneys can hold entities responsible and prove your injuries were caused by work or in the workplace.
- Premises liability: Property owners have a responsibility to keep their land and buildings or businesses safe for guests and visitors. If you were injured while legally on someone’s property, you can file a personal injury claim against the owner for negligence.
- Slip and falls: One of the main types of premises liability cases, slip and falls can happen anywhere at any time. Common causes of slip and falls include slippery or wet surfaces from uncleaned spills or rain, uneven carpeting, broken stairs or handrails, and more.
Q:What Should I Do After an Accident?
A:It’s important that you seek medical attention immediately following an accident, even if you’re not in pain or don’t believe you have injuries. It’s fairly common for injured individuals to not feel pain until after their adrenaline rush has worn off, or for symptoms to appear days after the accident. Additionally, seemingly-mild symptoms like headaches and side pains can be indicative of a more serious issue, and a physician may be able to tell if you have brain trauma or internal bleeding. It’s then important to hire a Biloxi personal injury lawyer to investigate your accident and collect evidence needed to support your claim, including photographic evidence of injury and damage, medical records, eyewitness testimonies, and more.
Q:Should I Speak to the Insurance Adjuster After an Accident?
A:After you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be contacted by the other party’s insurance company seeking to learn about the details. It is best not to speak to an insurance adjuster. Instead you should hire a personal injury lawyer to handle all communication with other parties moving forward. Insurance adjusters are often looking to avoid liability and will try to manipulate injured victims into saying something they can use against them. An attorney, on the other hand, knows what to say to avoid having their clients implicated. If it’s absolutely necessary for you to speak with an adjuster, do not admit fault or give any kind of opinion or statement that hints at your feelings, especially those of guilt.
Q:What is the Personal Injury Statute of Limitations in Mississippi?
A:In Mississippi, the civil statute of limitations for most personal injury claims is two to three years, which means that individuals have two to three years starting after their accident to file a claim. Claims that are filed after the deadline will most likely be dismissed, denying individuals the opportunity to achieve compensation. A statute of limitations refers to the window of time where individuals are allowed to file claims against an at-fault party. Statutes are set by individual states for civil and criminal actions.
After an accident, you may feel stunned and at loss for what to do. It’s always recommended that you seek medical attention immediately after an accident. Even if you feel no pain or don’t notice any obvious injuries, you may be experiencing an adrenaline rush and could have injuries that make themselves known later. A physician will be able to give you a proper diagnosis and can file a report that you can use as evidence of your injuries when you make a claim.
To succeed in your claim, evidence is important. If possible, gather as much evidence regarding your accident as possible, including photos of the scene and your injuries, the information of any others involved, eyewitness testimonies, and any other information you think would be relevant. When you hire our legal team, our attorneys can take care of the investigation process. With decades of experience recovering damages for clients, we know what evidence we need to establish liability.