Gulf Coast Car Accident Attorneys
By Your Side Since 1999
Have you suffered a serious injury where another party was negligent in a car accident? If so, Davis & Davis, PLLC is ready to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Our Gulf Coast car accident attorneys are aggressive advocates for individuals who have been hurt by the negligent actions of others. Though car accidents are one of the leading causes of injuries in the United States, that doesn’t mean you deserve to suffer and pay the price for someone else’s mistakes. We can be by your side to help you file a personal injury claim and recover the damages you’ve accrued as a result of your injuries. When you work with us, we can begin investigating your accident immediately to collect evidence, interview witnesses, and more to strengthen your claim.
Our Motor Vehicle Accident Services
Over the last 20 years, our law firm has helped countless clients who have been injured in a variety of motor vehicle accidents. While some MVA accident cases are clear-cut, others are more complicated in terms of determining liability.
Our skilled attorneys handle personal injury and wrongful death claims including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- 18-Wheeler accidents
- Pedestrian/bicycle accidents
Beyond handling MVA claims, we also represent injured individuals in:
- Workers’ compensation claims (on the job injuries)
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Product liability
- Slip and fall
- Premises liability
- General negligence
Accidents involving cars can produce injuries that range from minor to more serious depending on the nature of the accident and what kind of vehicles are involved. Accidents involving trucks and buses tend to be more devastating due to the size and weight of the vehicles.
Injuries can include cuts and abrasions, sprains and fractures, brain and head trauma, broken bones, burns, spinal cord and neck injuries, whiplash, internal bleeding, and more.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur anywhere, including on surface streets, highways, and even in parking lots and driveways. They can also happen for a variety of reasons, though there are several common factors that account for most accidents.
Common causes of car accidents we’ve seen include:
- Distracted driving: Cell phones, CD/DVD players, GPS, satellite radio – with the exponential increase in the number of things that take our attention off the road, it’s no wonder distracted driving accidents are becoming so common. Distracted driving includes any driving that isn’t focused on the road or your surroundings – texting or talking on the phone are common distractions that can prevent drivers from seeing road hazards or stopped or slowed traffic.
- Intoxicated driving: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol puts yourself and the drivers, passengers, and pedestrians around you at risk. Drunk drivers are known to have slower response times and can be distracted, causing them to run red lights, drift into the lanes beside them, and fail to acknowledge right of way laws.
- Reckless driving: Any driving that breaks safety laws or measures is considered reckless driving. From failing to signal or check blind spots before merging lanes to speeding, reckless driving can cause unnecessary collisions that result in serious injuries and fatalities.
Hold guilty parties responsible for their actions so they don’t harm others. Call our Gulf Coast car accident attorneys for fierce advocacy at (228) 231-9717.