Biloxi Car Accident Attorneys
By Your Side Since 1999
Have you suffered a serious injury where another party was negligent in a car accident? If so, Davis & Davis, PLLC is ready to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Our Biloxi car accident attorneys are aggressive advocates for individuals who have been hurt by the negligent actions of others.
Though car accidents are one of the leading causes of injuries in the United States, that doesn’t mean you deserve to suffer and pay the price for someone else’s mistakes. We can be by your side to help you file a personal injury claim and recover the damages you’ve accrued as a result of your injuries. When you work with us, we can begin investigating your accident immediately to collect evidence, interview witnesses, and more to strengthen your claim.
Don’t Wait to File Your Car Accident Claim
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
According to Mississippi Code section 15-1-49, an injury victim has three years from the date of their car accident to file a personal injury claim or they will most likely lose their right to do so. This means that the Mississippi statute of limitations for personal injury is only three years, and after an accident, time can move faster than you think.
It is important to talk to an lawyer about the details of your case as soon as possible even if you believe you have plenty of time to file a claim, as the statute of limitations does have exceptions that can shorten the amount of time you have to file. Get help today! Our firm offers free initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose.
Liability Laws After a Car Accident
What is a Fault State?
Mississippi is a “fault state” when it comes to car accident cases. This means that the party responsible for an accident pays damages, through an insurance carrier. More often than not, however, an accident is caused by more than one party.
What is the Pure Comparative Fault Rule?
Sometimes, even the injured party is found partly responsible for an accident. In these cases, Mississippi follows a “pure comparative fault” rule. This means that an injured party can file a claim regardless of how responsible they are for an accident.
What Damages Can I Recover if I Have any Fault in an Accident?
In a pure comparative fault claim the percentage of responsibility a defendant is found to bear will also be deducted from their overall compensation awarded to them. For example, if you are found to be 15% at fault for the accident that caused your injuries your total compensation awarded to you by the court will also be reduced by 15%.
Car accident law in Mississippi can be confusing and complex. Our team of attorneys are here to guide you through your claim while fighting for the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
Should I Hire a Biloxi Car Accident Lawyer?
It’s important to speak to a lawyer after being injured in a car accident. Not only can they walk you through complicated legal system, but they are true advocates on your side, unlike insurance companies. Insurance companies are first and foremost a business that look out for their own best interest before yours.
Additionally, many people find that their injuries turn out to be more severe days or weeks after they sustained them. If you accept an offer from an insurance company before you know the seriousness of your injuries, you may find your settlement no longer covers all your medical expenses. An experienced attorney from our firm can fight to protect your rights and help you recover the compensation you deserve so you can cover all your medical costs.
Understanding the Importance of Gathering Evidence After a Car Accident
After a car accident, it is crucial to gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim and protect your rights. This evidence can be instrumental in proving liability and maximizing your compensation. At Davis & Davis, PLLC, our experienced Biloxi car accident attorneys can guide you through the process of gathering evidence and help build a strong case on your behalf.
Some key pieces of evidence that can be beneficial for your car accident claim include:
- Police reports: Obtain a copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident. This report often contains important details about the incident, including statements from involved parties and any witnesses.
- Photographs: Take pictures of the accident scene, including vehicle damage, skid marks, road conditions, and any visible injuries. These photographs can provide visual evidence of the extent of the damage and help establish fault.
- Witness statements: If there were any witnesses to the accident, gather their contact information and ask for their statements. Their testimonies can provide additional support to your version of events.
- Medical records: Keep records of all medical treatment received as a result of the accident. This includes hospital visits, doctor appointments, medications prescribed, and any therapy or rehabilitation sessions. These records can help demonstrate the extent of your injuries and the associated costs.
- Insurance documentation: Maintain copies of all correspondence with insurance companies, including claim forms, policy information, and any settlement offers. These documents can be crucial in negotiating a fair settlement.
By gathering and preserving evidence, you can strengthen your car accident claim and increase your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve. Contact Davis & Davis, PLLC today to schedule a free consultation with our skilled Biloxi car accident attorneys.
Can I File A Car Accident Claim After Insurance Pays?
Since most insurance settlements include in the agreement that no more compensation will be paid out after the initial settlement amount, once you sign an agreement with an insurance company it’s usually difficult to recover anything else.
This is still true even if you discover your injuries are more severe than you initially thought. If you have been offered a settlement, or if you have already signed one, call Davis & Davis, PLLC our firm to discuss your case with our qualified attorneys.
Our Motor Vehicle Accident Services
Over the last 20 years, our law firm has helped countless clients who have been injured in a variety of motor vehicle accidents. While some MVA accident cases are clear-cut, others are more complicated in terms of determining liability.
Our skilled lawyers handle personal injury and wrongful death claims including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- 18-Wheeler accidents
- Pedestrian/bicycle accidents
Beyond handling MVA claims, we also represent injured individuals in:
- Workers’ compensation claims (on the job injuries)
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Product liability
- Slip and fall
- Premises liability
- General negligence
Accidents involving cars can produce injuries that range from minor to more serious depending on the nature of the accident and what kind of vehicles are involved. Accidents involving trucks and buses tend to be more devastating due to the size and weight of the vehicles. Injuries can include cuts and abrasions, sprains and fractures, brain and head trauma, broken bones, burns, spinal cord and neck injuries, whiplash, internal bleeding, and more.
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents can occur anywhere, including on surface streets, highways, and even in parking lots and driveways. They can also happen for a variety of reasons, though there are several common factors that account for most accidents.
Common causes of car accidents we’ve seen include:
- Distracted driving: Cell phones, CD/DVD players, GPS, satellite radio – with the exponential increase in the number of things that take our attention off the road, it’s no wonder distracted driving accidents are becoming so common. Distracted driving includes any driving that isn’t focused on the road or your surroundings – texting or talking on the phone are common distractions that can prevent drivers from seeing road hazards or stopped or slowed traffic.
- Intoxicated driving: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol puts yourself and the drivers, passengers, and pedestrians around you at risk. Drunk drivers are known to have slower response times and can be distracted, causing them to run red lights, drift into the lanes beside them, and fail to acknowledge right of way laws.
- Reckless driving: Any driving that breaks safety laws or measures is considered reckless driving. From failing to signal or check blind spots before merging lanes to speeding, reckless driving can cause unnecessary collisions that result in serious injuries and fatalities.
The Benefits of Hiring a Biloxi Car Accident Lawyer
If you've been involved in a car accident, it's important to understand the benefits of hiring a skilled car accident lawyer to handle your case. At Davis & Davis, PLLC, our experienced Biloxi car accident attorneys are dedicated to helping you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Here are some reasons why hiring a car accident lawyer can be beneficial:
- Legal expertise: Our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of car accident laws and regulations in Biloxi, MS. We can guide you through the complex legal system and ensure that your rights are protected.
- Investigation and evidence gathering: We have the resources and expertise to thoroughly investigate your car accident and gather crucial evidence to support your claim. This includes obtaining accident reports, interviewing witnesses, and analyzing medical records.
- Negotiation with insurance companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be challenging, as they often try to minimize payouts. Our car accident lawyers have experience negotiating with insurance companies and can help you obtain a fair settlement.
- Maximizing compensation: We will assess the full extent of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future medical needs. Our goal is to maximize your compensation and ensure that you are fully compensated for your losses.
- Peace of mind: By hiring a car accident lawyer, you can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal aspects of your case. We will keep you informed throughout the process and provide you with peace of mind knowing that your case is in capable hands.
Don't navigate the car accident claims process alone. Contact Davis & Davis, PLLC today to schedule a free consultation with our experienced Biloxi car accident lawyers.
$350,000 Arm & Leg Injuries
$1,150,000 Back & Hip Injury
$1,200,000 Botched Operation
$1,400,000 Knee & Back Injuries
$225,000 Knee Injury
How We Can Help You Recover
Even a low-speed car crash can result in devastating injuries and extremely expensive repairs. Whether your accident was a minor fender-bender or major smash-up, if you were not at fault, you are going to want – and probably need – the fair amount of money you deserve.
Let us win for you the money you deserve for:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance rides, hospital stays, surgeries, prescription medications, physical therapy, and any special equipment needed
- Loss of earnings and future earning capacity
- Pain, suffering, and/or death
- Cost of temporary/alternate transportation and repairs
- Funeral and burial expenses
We have successfully handled hundreds of MVA cases, and know how to win the largest possible recovery awards.
I just can’t say enough good things about Davis & Davis Law Firm. They are aggressive and tireless advocates for their clients. If you have an injury case, you should call them!- Lindsay H.
Joseph Davis is the type of attorney that fights diligently for his client's case. He is hands-on and will deal with you directly, not like so many other law firms.- Tim S.
Amazing attorneys!! They truly care about their clients. I would highly recommend.- Connerd
Joseph Davis did an outstanding job handling my workers' compensation case. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!- Olivia Q.
He has worked tirelessly trying to get my personal injury claim THANK YOU, This review is my testimony to his talent as an attorney good job- Elizabeth B.